Cover by Davis Meltzer
Alpha III M2 is a former satellite-based global psychiatric institution for colonists on other Alphane system worlds unable to cope with the stresses of colonisation. The groups have differentiated themselves into caste-like pseudo-ethnicities. The inhabitants have formed seven clans:
- The Pares are people suffering from paranoia. They function as the statesman class.
- The Manses are suffering from mania. They are the most active class, the warrior class.
- The Skitzes are the ones suffering from schizophrenia. They correspond to the poet class,
- The Heebs consist of people suffering from hebephrenia (disorganized schizophrenia). To the other clans, they are useful only for manual labour.
- The Polys suffer from polymorphic schizophrenia. They are the creative members of society, producing new ideas. The children from every clan on Alpha III M2 were born Polys, went to their common, central school as Polys, did not become differentiated until perhaps their tenth or eleventh year. Some never became differentiated, though, hinting that, perhaps, some of them do not actually have mental disorders at all.
- The Ob-Coms are the ones with obsessive-compulsive disorder. They are the clerks and office holders of the society, the ritualistic functionaries, with no original ideas. Their conservatism balances the radical quality of the Polys and gives the society stability.
- The Deps are suffering from clinical depression. The name of their town is Cotton Mather Estates, where they live “in endless dark gloom.”
Amazing Spider-Man #1 variant cover by Adi Granov
This is maybe his best work to date. So much energy in it, but so iconic.
I had to.
LET ME LOVE YOU ,POSTER
THANK YOU! I’m SO glad I wasn’t the only one thinking this!This is perf.
TALES OF SUSPENSE #69 (Sept. 1965)
Cover Art by Jack Kirby & Don Heck
In Siberia, Czar Comrade Bullski has his enslaved scientists build him an armored suit in order for him to defeat Iron Man and score a propaganda victory for his leaders. The suit, made of titanium, is completed and Bullski, now calling himself Titanium Man, challenges Iron Man to battle him. They agree to meet in Siberia where the entire match is televised. However Iron Man soon discovers the battlefield has been booby trapped with land mines.
Bucky is captured by Nazis and brought to Greymoor castle to be “disposed of”. Captain America learns of the kidnap and heads to the castle to save him.
SwanSwanHummingbird scours the earth for women who have that “shine” that you know you love. I have 50+ updates a day of the most attractive women in the world. Join the happy throngs and follow SSH.
By Essy May
My pitch for Hollywood: Close Encounters II: Space Jaws: Some aliens capture a shark and accidentally drop it in their spaceship energy reservoir, turning the fish into a giant, intelligent, radioactive predator with anti gravitational powers. The flying shark escapes and multiplies the attacks against skydivers, planes and space stations. Oceanologist Matt Hooper (Richard Dreyfuss), paleontologist Alan Grant (Sam Neill) and alien experts Elliott (Henry Thomas) and Roy Neary (returned on Earth without aging, so we must find a younger actor for the role, Patrick Wilson?) team together to hunt the monster. Tagline: “We need a bigger spaceship”. Director: Steven Spielberg and music by John Williams.
Because everyone needs more cute puppies with outfits on their dash. :)